Thursday, October 23, 2008

Co-creators


In my quick realization that my previous questions had been far too vague to obtain any substantial information, I turned my attention to befriending co-creators in hope that a deeper understanding of the clutter phenomenon could be established. Luckily a women with two toddlers had responded to my desperate plea on craigslist and had generously agreed to be my collaborator. Due to the distance between our homes, however, I have been resorting to email conversations for the time being.

My quest to seek out a retailer had not proved to be total failure, the owner of Inhabit Shop
had also agreed to review my ideas and sketches from time to time for any marketing and retail faux pas.

From these interviews, (and the little insight obtained beforehand), I started compiling lists of key words and phrases that could help kick-start the beginning of my idea refinement criteria.

According to the comments and answers collected, regarding toys children are drawn to/enticed by these interactive properties:

Lights, sound, movement, color, and texture.

...and when shopping for children's products most Parents would generally abide by these criteria:

Inexpensive, durable, easy to clean, easy to stow, and somewhat decent looking.

From here I was able to produce some sketches.





No comments: